Re: Command on current buffer

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Command on current buffer
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:57:04 -0600

Boris wrote:

Mats Löfdahl wrote:
M-x mark-whole-buffer

C-x h

No, I don't want to mark the buffer first, I want to execute something
similar to tex-latex-file. Doesn't Emacs have that?

"Emacs is the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time
display editor."

(defun shell-command-on-buffer (command)
 "Execute string COMMAND in inferior shell with buffer as input.
See \\[shell-command-on-region]."
 (interactive (list (read-from-minibuffer "Shell command on buffer: "
                                          nil nil nil
                                          'shell-command-history)))
 (shell-command-on-region (point-min) (point-max) command
                          current-prefix-arg
                          current-prefix-arg
                          shell-command-default-error-buffer))

--