[OT] inundated by Swen / Gibe emails

From: Adam Hardy
Subject: [OT] inundated by Swen / Gibe emails
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:23:50 +0200

Hi All,

is anybody else on the list getting swamped by the result of the latest wave of these avalanche-email windows viruses?

I wasn't affected by Sobig or MSSplat or whatever it was, but this time I am receiving hundreds of emails a day on this account, since Friday.

It is drowning out the emacs list traffic by a factor of 10 to 1!

Curiously it is only this email address, and not my other ones which are being affected. OK, I've had one or two on the other accounts, but that's it.

I am wondering why, because I thought I could just delete this email address and subscribe on another one, it's just this list that I use the address for. But will it help? Any ideas?

If I don't reply again, it's because I missed the mail amongst all the Swen crap.

Yours thro the spam,

Adam

--
GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9