Re: posting news with gnus

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: posting news with gnus
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:37:16 +0200

On Thu, Sep 04 2003, Michal Wyrebski wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, darrow@oneill.nu wrote:
>> I want to use gnus to post in newsgroups without my real name

As Jesper already mentioned: (info "(gnus)Posting Styles").

>> and computer information showing up in the headers.

What kind of information should be hidden?

>> Anybody know how to congifure gnus to do that?

Which version of Gnus are you using?

> There is probabely better way to handle this problem but you may want
> to set these in your ~/.gnus file:
>
> (setq user-full-name "User Name")
> (setq user-mail-address "user@example.org")

These are not Gnus specific variables, so they should go into
`~/.emacs'.  (E.g. they are used by `add-change-log-entry' and many
other Emacs functions.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,