Re: Patching Calc

From: Lukasz Stafiniak
Subject: Re: Patching Calc
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:26:23 +0200

"Don Graffiti" <graffitiNOSPAM@NOSPAMyahoo.com> writes:
> Below is the
> whole part of the file dealing with this problem. Can you tell me where I
> should start copying and where I should end? And then apparently I should
> run the menu command "Apply Patch to file" and thus apply it to the
> corresponding directory?
This is a multiple file patch.
Although some text inside is commentary, just copy all after the line that
introduces the patch ("Below is patch to calc bla bla:") to the start of
next PROBLEMS' paragraph. If your directory is exactly 2.02f, there should
be no errors ("Apply Patch to file", y, /path-to-calc, [enter] on each file
listed by Ediff, Ediff saves the unpatched under .orig, you can browse the
differences or just proceed to next file).
You can copy the cvs version of calc from:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/
There is no Makefile nor calc-maint.el, but you can use the "patched ones".

Best wishes,
Lukasz