Command to re-read current file?

From: bill
Subject: Command to re-read current file?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:30:45 +0000 (UTC)

If the file corresponding to the current buffer changes on disk,
and I want the buffer to reflect the new version, I normally do
"C-f [RET] yes".  It bugs me to have to answer 'yes' (or even 'y')
in these cases.  Is there a command to tell Emacs, "re-read the
file from disk and don't ask me about it"?

But this is a relatively trivial issue.  A far more important
question is the following meta-question:  how could I have figured
out the answer to the previous question on my own?  I tried apropos
with various query strings, such as "re-find", "re-open", "re-visit",
and variants thereof, but they yielded nothing.  Is there a better
approach to finding the command for an Emacs functionality?

Thanks!

bill