problem with keyboard input

From: Auré
Subject: problem with keyboard input
Date: 26 Jul 2003 12:44:39 -0700

Hello,

I did a mistake with emacs but I don't know whiwh one !!! When I'm
typing with my keyboard, I can't use letter as é,è,ù,... all the
letters with accents. In place of the letter, a number like \350 or
\251 appear on my display. It's a problem of keyborad input or encoder
but I don't know how to resolve it. I'm writing in french with a
azerty keyboard but I don't know how to configure him under emacs.

When I use another editors like xemacs, I can write as usual and, open
and save files. But when I open this file with emacs, it's not the
same things, the special letter are replaced by number.

Could be someone help me please !!!

Thanks you very much in advance.

Mister T