timeclock.el never uses timeclock-relative

From: Joseph Barillari
Subject: timeclock.el never uses timeclock-relative
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:08:07 -0400

Hi.

timeclock.el has a defcustom variable called timeclock-relative:

            (defcustom timeclock-relative t
              "*When reporting time, make it relative to `timeclock-workday'?
            For example, if the length of a normal workday is eight hours, and
you
            work four hours on Monday, then the amount of time \"remaining\" on
            Tuesday is twelve hours -- relative to an averaged work period of
            eight hours -- or eight hours, non-relative.  So relative time takes
            into account any discrepancy of time under-worked or overworked on
            previous days."
              :type 'boolean
              :group 'timeclock)

For my purposes, I'd prefer non-relative reporting, so I used the
customization interface to switch it off. Much to my chagrin,
timeclock.el continued to report time remaining as accumulated over
the past several days, rather than anew with each new day.

Then I looked through the source, and discovered that
timeclock-relative is never actually referenced in the actual code!
It's only mentioned in the comments:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el?rev=1.25&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Have I missed something about the way timeclock works? (In other
words, is timeclock-relative used in a different source file?) Or
should I report this as a bug?

Thanks in advance,

--Joe

--