Re: FTP from emacs on NT

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: FTP from emacs on NT
Date: 02 Jul 2003 08:20:10 +0100

Eric Hanchrow <offby1@blarg.net> writes:

> I'm guessing you're using the version of FTP which comes with NT.
> Like most MS software, it probably sucks.  Try the version from cygwin
> (http://www.cygwin.com).

Actually the opposite is true. At least some Cygwin versions of FTP
have problems working with Emacs due to the fact that they do not
flush their output buffers when not running in a terminal.

Special effort has gone into making Emacs work with the sucky version
of ftp that comes with Windows, so users can use it out of the box.