Re: indentation - always a pita

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: indentation - always a pita
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:13:13 -0700

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

>> 1) Put the two lines you suggest as sole entries in lisp.el then start
>>    a fresh emacs. (emacs -q -no-site-file -bg midnightblue -l ./lisp.el -l
>> ./vi-list.el)
>> (vi-list.el is some plaguerized code that allows one to display a
>>    buffer as if vi's `list' command had been run on it. (showing
>>    ^I = tab $= newline)
>
> Hm.  When you are editing the shell script snippet, does C-h v say
> that the two variables have the right values?

Yup, they check out.  The only noticable change is that the tabs are
missing.

C-h v <ret>  sh-indentation <ret>
sh-indentation's value is 2

C-h v <ret> indent-tabs-mode <ret>
indent-tabs-mode's value is nil
Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

I thought I remembered this being a big pita and I guess it is...

Actual formatted sample with those vars in place:
======================================
if [ ];then
    if [ ];then
        case $opt in