buffer stack

From: Arthur Davis
Subject: buffer stack
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:04:45 -0400

I spend a lot of time looking through code that spans many files and tracing call stacks as one function calls another which calls another .... I use cscope to help me navigate down through the code, but coming back up the call stack is a problem. Is there a package that is able to keep a stack of locations (buffer and point in buffer) to make this task easier?

For instance: f1() in file A calls f2() in file B which calls f3() back in file A. I'm looking for something that will allow me to pop back from f3() in file A to f2() in file B and then back to f1() in file A.

Any suggestions?

Arthur