Re: Build Environment in Xemacs

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Build Environment in Xemacs
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:09:20 +0200

Hi James,

jliang@sandia.gov (James Liang) writes:
> I noticed that there is a compile command in Xemacs, but it seems to
> only let you execute shell commands.
>
> I know that MSVC has a way you can simply use it to run batch files

I don't see the difference between those two statements.

> and it will parse the output(or look at DOS return values or
> something) and provide a summary of number of errors and warnings
> encountered.
>
> Is there a way to do that with emacs or xemacs?

I thought you just said you tried it?  Seeing is believing, but if the
interface is not intuitive enough, you may want to look at the Emacs
manual for an explanation.  The topic "Compilation" and related topics
are mentioned directly in the overview.

Emacs doesn't count the errors and it doesn't make a difference
between errors or warnings.  But otherwise I think it is at least as
good as most IDE interfaces I have seen.

so long, benny