Re: How To Set Size Of Emacs At Startup?

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: How To Set Size Of Emacs At Startup?
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:11:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:20:40 +0000, Eladio Ventura
<mailhoarder@yahoo.com> wrote:

>When I launch emacs the screen is 80x30, but I'd KILL to have it expand
>to a nice size 85x53 at startup. Does anyone know which variables I have to
>set?

Depends on operating system.

On Unix etc you can put it in your .Xdefaults  (as someone mentioned)
or I believe you can add the geometry to the command line using an
alias.

On Windows you can add this as an entry in your Registry under the GNU
Emacs section. The Emacs For Windows FAQ explains this.

Best Regards
John McCabe

To reply by email replace 'nospam' with 'assen'