displaying long lines like WPs do?

From: Florian von Savigny
Subject: displaying long lines like WPs do?
Date: 02 Jun 2003 00:51:53 +0200

I'd be very keen to know whether Emacs is, in principle, able to
display long lines of text by breaking the line, but only virtually
(as most word processors do). For all I know, the two possibilities
available are continuation (with "\" at the right edge) or truncation
(with "$" at the right edge). The word-processor-like behaviour would
come in very handy when you're resizing windows. (However, it would
mean redefining beginning-of-line, kill-line etc.)

Or maybe the easier solution would be to call (fill-region (point-min)
(point-max)) upon every resize event?

_______

Florian v. Savigny

If you are going to reply in private, please be patient, as I only
check for mail something like once a week. - Si vous allez répondre
personellement, patientez s.v.p., car je ne lis les courriels
qu'environ une fois par semaine.