Re: Help me with error caused by timeclock.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Help me with error caused by timeclock.
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:06:44 +0100

Wang Yin wrote:

> (require 'timeclock)
> (timeclock-in)
> (timeclock-modeline-display t)

I think you wanted (timeclock-modeline-display 1) there, but that's
not the cause of your problem.

> (add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook 'timeclock-out)

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp
>   #("C-x < Calendar $ delq(timeclock-mode-string #("C-x <
>   Calendar ? info/o other/. today $
>   timeclock-modeline-display(0) (setq
>   timeclock-modeline-display (timeclock-modeline-display (or
[...]

Aha! I get this error if I evaluate (require 'timeclock) in a
calendar buffer. I think this is due to a bug in the function
timeclock-modeline-display (which your backtrace shows is being
called via customize). It assumes that mode-line-format is a list,
when it need not be. In a calendar buffer, it's a string. I'll see
about fixing it in the CVS. In the meantime, err, try to not to use
it in a calendar buffer...?! :(