LilyPond (was Re: special symbol)

From: Guldo K
Subject: LilyPond (was Re: special symbol)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:05:04 GMT

On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:31:52 +0200
upro <upro@gmx.net> wrote:

> Why don't you use Lilypond? AFAIK it's much more advanced than
> MusicTeX, anyway (and still much less comfortable than Sibelius,
> unfortunately...)
>
> Let me know...!
WOW! Thank you very much! I wasn't aware of the existence of LilyPond! VERY
NICE! A lot easier that musixtex. And it can be integrated in a tex document as
well. :-))
And there's the debian stable pckg too!
I o u 1!

But I have this little problem with grace notes. I'd like to have the grace
note without the slash. I know there's
\grace {
\property Voice.Stem \override #'stroke-style = #'()
c16
\property Voice.Stem \revert #'stroke-style
} c4

but I'd have to use it a lot of times...
Isn't there anything similar to:
\renewcommand\mygrace{.....}
so that I could just use
\mygrace c16