Re: Why do you use emacs?

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: Re: Why do you use emacs?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:13:43 GMT

Artur Hefczyc wrote:
The test version of this guide is here:
http://wttools.sourceforge.net/emacs-stuff/emacsandjdee.html

I'd say the same thing as most other comments.
In addition, *free* means that Emacs provides the means, and I have the
right to configure/adapt Emacs to my needs.

For example, there was no market for an editor to highlight Y2K dates in
source code, so I adapted Emacs to do this.
I could not have afforded a consultant to do this, but Christian Egli, an experienced Elisp developer helped me get started, and we released our work to the community.
Only a tool written for programmers and by programmers can be this helpful.

The final reason that I use Emacs, is that (enough of) the community does not insult you, when you (politely) ask for help.

I appreciate your JDEE installer.
Perhaps you can co-ordinate your effort with (my) EMacro project, at
<url: http://emacro.sf.net/ >