Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:43:15 +0300

> From: bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk (BK)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help,comp.sys.mac.apps
> Date: 7 May 2003 04:01:15 -0700
>
> What I am interested to know is whether this behavior is due to a bug
> that can be fixed  and if so how do I fix it, or whether this behavior
> is because the current port hasn't yet implemented the functionality,
> in which case I would obviously waste my time trying to find a fix.
>
> This was the nature of the questions I asked.

If the technical problems you saw and the most efficient way of fixing
them is all you are looking for, why do you insist on reigniting the
flames on every turn of this thread?  To me, it sounds like you are
interested in the flamewar no less than your opponents.

Several people replied to you saying that what doesn't work for you
does indeed work for them on similar systems.  How about if you reply
to them and try to figure out, with their help, what is different in
your setup that makes those features fail for you?  For example, what
happens if you invoke Emacs bypassing the ~/.emacs init file and any
site-wide startup files, if any? do the features that fail now start
working then?

As for the flamewars, if you are not interested in them, simply ignore
that part of the thread which leads there.