Re: Problems Compiling Emacs on Windows

From: Damon Riley
Subject: Re: Problems Compiling Emacs on Windows
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 22:49:20 -0400

The *easiest* way to do this is to get the GNU Win II cd.

http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/en/order.html

Buy it or download, it's a snap. I give these CDs away to people all the time. They've got the windows versions of dozens of Free programs, including Emacs.

--Damon

Lucas wrote:
Un beau jour, Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> nous a dit:

Also if anyone wants it I have a tarball of CVS emacs for windows. It
includes image support (jpg, png, tiff, xpm). It's about 22 megs as a
bzip2 file and 28 megs as a gzip file. I could always get rid of some
things (like lisp source files).

It can be downloaded from my website at:
http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/

All that's needed is to unpack it somewhere, and then run
~/emacs/bin/addpm.exe to add menu entries and whatever.

I'll try to keep it up to date, but I don't have access to windows at
home. So I guess I'll try to update it every three or four weeks.

Bijan

Thank you ! ;-)