Re: Oldest running Emacs version

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Oldest running Emacs version
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:36:12 +0200

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Yeah, but the interesting thing is that both of them feel very
> familiar -- I think anyone who's used to a modern Emacs would have few
> problems using the old versions.

I guess you never watched new Emacs users?  They heavily rely on the
menu system!

> The Emacs user interface hasn't really changed that much.

It was enhanced and new Emacs users take it for granted that menus and
mouse support is available :)

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)