Re: NTEmacs, CVS, PCL-CVS, Version Control and ^M?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NTEmacs, CVS, PCL-CVS, Version Control and ^M?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:27:21 +0300

> From: Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 24 Apr 2003 10:33:26 +0100
>
> If you try and use more than one client, then you are likely to get
> into trouble. So, for instance, using both a unix client, and a
> wincvs client on the same files will result in line terminator
> problems.

I really don't know why did you say that.  For example, Emacs
developers use both Unix and Windows CVS clients, and several
varieties of the Windows ones at that, and I have yet to see any
significant problems with the files in the repository.  In fact, I
cannot recall even a single problem related to that; all source files
are kept in the repository in their original Unix EOL format.