Re: Terminal problem in shell mode

From: Glenn Ammons
Subject: Re: Terminal problem in shell mode
Date: 23 Apr 2003 16:16:07 -0500

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Glenn Ammons <ammons@salsa.cs.wisc.edu> writes:
>
> > So, how do I convince shell-mode on NTEmacs that it is a tty?
>
> Emacs has the concept of a process connection type.  See the variable
> process-connection-type.  Does this help?

No, I think Benny is right about Windows.  process-connection-type is
t for shell-mode on both Windows and Unix; apparently, on Unix, Emacs
communicates with bash through a pty, but on Windows it uses a pipe,
since there are no ptys.

What a bummer.  It's tough getting a decent command-line on Windows.

--glenn