Re: auto-fill... eh

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: auto-fill... eh
Date: 05 Apr 2003 09:31:30 -0800

    John> This kinda bothers me.  I really want auto-fill to behave
    John> the way it does in every other program.  eg if you go back
    John> to the middle of a paragraph and start typing, I would like
    John> it to fill correctly.  See the Mozilla Mail client for an
    John> example of the behavior I mean.  I'm sure there are others
    John> but that's what sprang to mind.

    John> I am so so at lisp but I wanted to ask if anyone else had
    John> done this or knew how before I blew the cobwebs off the lisp
    John> part of my brain.  Thanks.

cperl-mode does this when you're typing in a comment.  It's pretty
slick!  I've never bothered to look at the Lisp code to see how,
though.

Also note that it doesn't work properly in CVS Emacs; try plain old
21.2 if you want to see it in action.
--
This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel.  This movie isn't
the bottom of the barrel.  This movie isn't below the bottom of the

        Roger Ebert on "Freddy Got Fingered"