Re: Emacs Customization - newbie's question

From: Daniel R. Anderson
Subject: Re: Emacs Customization - newbie's question
Date: 31 Mar 2003 04:10:37 +0000

<snip>
> I'm a newbie to Emacs. I tried to read the Emacs manual but it looks so
> complicated to me. So asking here is a better way for me, I think.
</snip>

Check out O'reilly's /Learning GNU Emacs/.  And, no, don't be a dunce
and pay $30 + tax for it at Barnes and Noble -- go to www.alibris.com
and search for it -- you'll pay about $7 (including shipping) for it.
It'll cost less then the reams of paper which take up the emacs manual.
And it's perfect for noobs.

BTW, the 2nd edition covers emacs 19, not 21.  The only discrepency I
came across was when I typed M-x kill-buffer I was told by emacs in the
minibuffer that "That command now works with C-x k".

-Dan