Re: emacs windows load path

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: emacs windows load path
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 21:46:55 +0100

Chris <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> writes:

> With emacs 21 on Windows, is there a way to get the load-path
> behavior to work as it does in Linux. Specifically, I have this in
> my linux .emacs:
>
> ;; Add Personal lisp files to load path
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp")
>
> Which gets all the files in ~/elisp and all subdirectories.

Really? I don't think it does. I do think that it is convenient,
though, so I use the following hack.

(defun add-subdirs-to-load-path (dir)
  ;; wants a trailing slash
  (let ((default-directory (concat dir "/")))
    (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)))

,----[ C-h f normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path RET ]
| normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path is a compiled Lisp
| function in `startup'.
| (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)
|
| Add all subdirectories of current directory to `load-path'.
| More precisely, this uses only the subdirectories whose names
| start with letters or digits; it excludes any subdirectory named `RCS'
| or `CVS', and any subdirectory that contains a file named `.nosearch'.
`----

Then I can do (add-subdirs-to-load-path "~/elisp").

/Johan