Re: auctex + texlive = problems

From: Garglemonster
Subject: Re: auctex + texlive = problems
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:11:37 +0900

    Kai> Garglemonster <garglemonster@my-deja.com> writes:
    >> i recently switched my laptop over to texlive from tetex.  now
    >> i find that i can't get auctex to compile latex files unless i
    >> start emacs from a terminal window command prompt.  (it tells
    >> me it can't find the latex binary) i've used customise to set
    >> up the latex commands to reflect the locations of the new
    >> binaries.  i have TEXINPUTS, TEXMF and TEX_PATH set in my
    >> .bashrc.  what am i forgetting?

    Kai> Maybe $PATH?

i have stuff set up like this in my .bashrc :

FOO_PATH=/blah/blah:/usr/blah/blah
BAR_PATH=/yadda/yadda:/usr/yadda/yadda:/usr/local/yadda/yadda
PATH=$FOO_PATH:$BAR_PATH

checked again, and i haven't forgotten to add any of the relevant
$TEX_STUFF.  however, just in case anyone was worried, i don't think
this is an emacs/auctex problem since i've discovered that i can no
longer compile latex files in console.  (this is on slackware linux 9)
things do work on an rxvt console in x, though.  problem must be
elsewhere.  thanks for your help, though.

--
garglemonster@my-deja.com

There are alternatives to war AND oil