Re: New Emacs with GTK!

From: Hallvard B Furuseth
Subject: Re: New Emacs with GTK!
Date: 25 Mar 2003 17:07:12 +0100

Niels Freimann <nfreimann@firemail.de> wrote:

> I never saw anybody editing in the console seriousely.
> Therefore I don't believe that too many of people do editing in the
> console.

And it doesn't occur to you that it might instead have something to do
with what kind of people and environment you live with.

> This people may use zile or something.

Why on Earth should I install a separate and inferior editor and
maintain a separate config file for it just to be able to edit in my
non-X11 environments as well as in X11?  And probably use a separate
mail reader and news reader with storage separate from my normal mail
and news folders and files, since I doubt your zile supports VM and
GNUS?

--
Hallvard