Re: Speedbar question

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Speedbar question
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:45:06 +0100

jwilde@draper.com (John Wilde) writes:

> i had the imenu-generic-expression variable set, but still no luck.
> i notice that no changes i make to the text-mode.el file seem to have
> any effect.  in fact i can take it out of the directory tree and my
> text-mode loads up just fine.  am i modifying the wrong file??

Never modify files that come with Emacs.  While there is a way to
work around the problem that you're having, I don't think it's good
to fight Emacs needlessly.

I suggest to use define-derived-mode to define a mode based on text
mode.  In that mode you can set imenu-generic-expression and things
will work out nicely.