Re: Slow startup...

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Slow startup...
Date: 24 Mar 2003 20:57:38 GMT

Unfortunately, I can't fix your font problem.

But as a newbie, you should know that you eventually want to use
either gnuserv/gnuclient or the other client server combination
(?/emacsclient).

What this does is run emacs as a server.  When you want to edit
another file, the client quickly attaches to the server.  You leave
the server running forever.

As you get better at emacs and start loading all sorts of packages,
you will appreciate the client/server model.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646