Re: Init error message

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Init error message
Date: 13 Mar 2003 14:21:16 GMT

Not a whine, but certainly a pet peeve of mine.

I would find the on-line help and .el file comments a lot more helpful
if it actually showed sample lisp code, instead of saying "set the
variable foo to bar" and leaving the novice to figure out how to do
it.

The good news is:

- the experts here seem infinitely patient and willing to help.

- you can cut and paste a lot of working code directly to your .emacs

- if you like 'customize', it will write lisp for you

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646