mmm-mode for Visual Basic ASP files

From: Mark Mynsted
Subject: mmm-mode for Visual Basic ASP files
Date: 05 Mar 2003 11:34:30 -0600

Does anybody out there use mmm-mode (Multi-mode) for Visual Basic, ASP
files?

I attempted this by putting the following in my initialization file
after installing mmm-mode, visual-basic-mode and sgml-mode.:

;; multi-mode (Must be installed)
(require 'mmm-auto)
(mmm-add-group 'asp
 `((asp-code
    :submode visual-basic-mode
    :match-face (("<%!" . mmm-declaration-submode-face)
                 ("<%=" . mmm-output-submode-face)
                 ("<%"  . mmm-code-submode-face))
    :front "<%[!=]?"
    :back "%>"
    :insert ((?% asp-code nil @ "<%" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
             (?! asp-declaration nil @ "<%!" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
             (?= asp-expression nil @ "<%=" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @))
    )
   (asp-directive
    :submode text-mode
    ;:face mmm-special-submode-face
    :front "<%@"
    :back "%>"
    :insert ((?@ asp-directive nil @ "<%@" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @))
    )))

(add-to-list 'mmm-mode-ext-classes-alist '(nil "\\.asp\\'" asp-code))

It works OK for the visual basic parts but the remainder of the ASP
files are HTML with JavaScript.

Problem:
The HTML parts are not font locked like they are when the file is only
HTML.

Anybody have a better mmm-mode solution for visual basic ASP files?

--
-MM
I rarely read email from this address          /"\