No split window in startup, how?

From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
Subject: No split window in startup, how?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:39:33 -0600

Whenever I start emacs with multiple file (to an X display), such like:
        emacs file1 file2 file3 &
it will start with split window.

Is there any way to suppress this behavior?

I already tried "emacs -f delete-window ... " but it didn't work
(apparently the command was executed *before* loading any file).

Furthermore, when I open emacs with more than 2 files, it create the
"Buffer List" buffer. Do you know how suppress this behavior as well?

Thank you.

--
                                   S P Arif Sahari Wibowo