Re: Saving text properties

From: Jonadab the Unsightly One
Subject: Re: Saving text properties
Date: 08 Feb 2003 18:39:45 -0500

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Greg Hill <ghill@synergymicro.com> writes:
>
> > The section entitled "Saving Text Properties in Files" the Emacs Lisp
> > Reference Manual says:
> >
> >> We invite users to write Lisp programs to store and retrieve text
> >> properties in files, [...]
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience with that that they would like to
> > pass along?
>
> I only know of enriched-mode which saves text properties in files.
> It comes with Emacs.
>
> I also wonder if there is other work in that area.

I would be interested to see a mode that saves the properties as XML
entities containing the text, with the properties encoded as XML
properties.  Standard tools could then be used to do various
transformations on the resulting XML, to create web pages, DocBook
format, OpenOffice documents, and so forth from the same file.

--
(defun switch-to-scratch () (interactive) "Switch to *scratch* buffer."
(switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*scratch*")))