Re: Setting lines to print per page....

From: simondo
Subject: Re: Setting lines to print per page....
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:13:33 +1300

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:49:14 -0500, gebse wrote:

> Put this in your .emacs:
>
> (custom-set-variables
>  '(lpr-page-header-program "pr --page-width=84 --indent=5"))
>
> Depending on the size of the characters you configured and what size
> margins you want, you may need to adjust the numbers.
>
> Do "man pr" for more options to include above within the quotes (").
>

> hth,
> ken

Thanks Ken, that gave me what I needed to work it out from there.  I just
drilled down the customise menus until I found the item dealing with
command line options for pr and added them in there.  However, it soon
became apparent that I really needed to be printing in landscape rather
than portrait.  So I ended up fiddling with the psprint options and got it
working that way.  Funnily enough I think that the print via the pr method
actually looks better.  Just can't work out how to print in landscape that
way.

Thanks again for your (and Kai's) help!
simondo