Re: xmodmap

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: xmodmap
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:27:18 +0100

Paul O'Donnell <odonnellp@rogers.com> writes:

> I am trying to use the xmodmap untility to reconfigure my keyboard,
> but I am not having success. As it is
>
> keycode 115 = Super_L
> keycode 117 = Menu
>
> I want to changes these to be Alt_L and Alt_R respectively. So I did
> the following at the command prompt.
>
> [paul@cpe024350002546 paul]$ xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = Alt_L"
>
> [paul@cpe024350002546 paul]$ xmodmap -e "keycode 117 = Alt_R"

Before these two commands, you should do "xmodmap -pm" and look for
the keysyms Super_L and Menu.  Do xmodmap -e "clear mod3" if one of
them is on mod3, and similar for other modifiers.  Then do the
keycode assignments.  Then do xmodmap -e "add mod3 = sym1 sym2" to
add the previous keysyms back to the modifier (except for Super_L and
Menu, of course).
--
Ambibibentists unite!