Re: 2- or 3-button trackballs for Mac PowerBook?

From: Per Rønne
Subject: Re: 2- or 3-button trackballs for Mac PowerBook?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:50:47 +0100

Dan Kalikow <DrDan@Kalikow.com> wrote:

> Hi -- newbie to the group, here, first-time-posting via Imdat Solak's
> "Halime" newsreader.  I'm using GNU Emacs (powerpc-apple-darwin6.2.2) -
> Andrew Choi's port to OS X - on a Titanium PowerBook G4 1Meg machine.
> The "touch- pad and single-clicker" is OK for most stuff but I'm finding
> the lack of a  "real" mouse for emacs kinda restrictive.  Looking for
> your thoughts (or  pointer to good places where such thoughts are
> collected?) about which  USB trackballs are good for xemacs.  I know
> that 3-button trackballs  exist, and I hear that emacs can deal with
> them smoothly on the Mac.  Smallish size  of the trackball is kinda
> important -- I don't want too large a wart on  the side of my PB while
> editing.  Whaddayathink?

Try:

www.kensington.dom

I've got a trackball [Kensington Expert Mouse Pro] with four ordinary
buttons, one wheel and six DirectLaunch buttons. The four buttons are
behaving as click, drag-click, double-click and right-click. In context
where it is relevant, the wheel behaves as middle-click.
--
Cand.scient. Per Erik Rønne
Frederikssundsvej 308B, 3. tv.