Re: problem with elisp compilator

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: problem with elisp compilator
Date: 06 Dec 2002 23:50:57 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <kevinr@ihs.com> writes:

> Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
>
> > The message "defining  string=" shows that pjb-cl.el is  loaded at the
> > beginning  of the compilation  of pjb-regexp.lisp,  but then  it seems
> > that the  compilator does  not take into  account definitions  in this
> > file  neither of  a  new string=  definition  or of  an  advice to  an
> > existing primitive.
> > Doesn't it looks like a bug?  What can I do about it?
>

> The same thing that Emacs' CL emulation does: Don't override Emacs Lisp
> function definitions; instead, define a new function with "*" appended
> to the name.

I don't  want the  same features as  in Common-Lisp under  a different
name.   I  want to  be  able  to use  the  same  lisp  source both  in
Common-Lisp and in Emacs Lisp.

Anyway, this is a general  problem, and it occurs both when redefining
a function and when advising a function.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not