Re: Help: ISPELL and Aqua EMACS (OSX)

From: Schone Mullerin
Subject: Re: Help: ISPELL and Aqua EMACS (OSX)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:20:20 GMT

In article <5lhee5pueq.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>, Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> wrote:
>>> Aqua EMACS doesn't seem to source the whole PATH variable
>> If you launch emacs by double-clicking Emacs.app, it doesn't source
>> your shell rc.  That's the root of the problem.
>
> Not even your .login ?

I don't know whether or not .login environment settings will be
available if you double click Emacs.app.

> Where can you setup your environment, then ?

Afaik if you need your shell environment, you have to launch emacs
from a shell, with the 'open' command, eg

 open /Applications/Emacs.app

If you want a double-clickakable icon to do this, make an executable
.command file containing the 'open' command above (of course modified
as appropriate depending where you installed Emacs.app).