AucTeX

From: arthur.chereau
Subject: AucTeX
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:23:59 +0100

Hi,

With auctex, I'd like to keep an xdvi window showing the dvi corresponding to
the current emacs buffer.

For now, with (list "View" "%v " 'TeX-run-command nil t) in tex-site.el,
I can run xdvi from emacs, but then I need to close xdvi if I want to lauch
another compilation.

First, I'd like to keep the xdvi window always opened, that is:
- the first time I compile the source from emacs, emacs opens an xdvi window
  with the corresponding dvi
- I don't need to close xdvi to recompile
- when I recompile with auctex, xdvi updates the dvi

Now, I'd like the dvi shown by xdvi to always correspond to the emacs buffer:
- I compile a (La)TeX file as shown above; an xdvi window is opened
- I open another (La)TeX file in emacs
- when I compile it, xdvi automatically shows the dvi corresponding to the
  new emacs buffer