Re: enhanced diary mode?

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: enhanced diary mode?
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:35:28 -0500

jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) writes:

> What I am missing most is the possibility to have several diary files:
> one with professional appointment used at home and at work, one for
> private purposes kept only at home. Of course, the files should be
> merged before displaying.

You should take a look in the elisp manual at the diary customization
sections.  Much of the more-advanced diary tools are described
there.  Specifically, under Fancy Diary Display it mentions the
ability to use #include "filename" to include a diary file.

If you hit i d in the calendar it'll still go into the main file, but
you can then move things around to suit.  I have a main diary file,
one where I move historical stuff, and a third for all the cyclic
things like anniversaries.

My decision is MAYBE ... and that's FINAL.