Re: Input of XML documents (input of unicode)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Input of XML documents (input of unicode)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:12:02 +0200

Torsten Bronger <bronger@physik.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> I see the Greek theta, because it was in the file before I opened it,
> but when I do what you suggest and type C-q 1 7 2 1: 'Invalid
> Character'.

Eli explained the reason why.

To enter Unicode letters you can go for the "TeX input method":

    C-x RET C-\ TeX RET

At this point you will see "-\" at the start of the mode line.  Now
enter (without the spaces):

    \ t h e t a

and Emacs will "collapse" the input to: θ (that's the theta).  To
switch back to your old input method press:

    C-\

Actually, with C-\ you can toggle the input methods.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o