Re: Meta-Backspace in AucTeX

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Meta-Backspace in AucTeX
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:42:12 +0300

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Dan Griswold <dangriswold@earthlink.net>
> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:44:11 GMT
>
> I have recently switched from XEmacs to FSF Emacs.

You mean, GNU Emacs, I'm sure.  FSF Emacs is something coined by
people who dislike GNU Emacs and its developers.  There's no such
thing as FSF Emacs.

> Prior to this, in
> all Emacs modes, indeed in all X-Term windows and other apps, I would
> type Meta (or Alt) Backspace to kill the previous word. Since I
> switched emacsen, M-BS is now mapped to undo.

I'm puzzled how could that happen.  Do you see this when you invoke
"emacs -q --no-site-file"?  You see, the default Emacs configuration
doesn't bind undo to M-BS at all, so some other factor must be at work
here.