Re: Emacs consistently core dumps

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs consistently core dumps
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:58:22 +0300

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Mike Irwin <mikeirw@pobox.com>
> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:45:41 -0400
>
> Every time that I quit Emacs after having it open for some time, Emacs
> dumps core with a SIG10. It also occasionally happens at other times,
> like opening a new frame. I've done some searching on this, but don't
> seem to come up with anything related to the problem I'm seeing.
>
> I'm not really sure how to go about debugging this, so I would
> appreciate any tips. I have been saving the dumps, since I figured
> they may hint to a solution.

Please post this report to gnu.emacs.bug, not here.  (If you use the
command "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", it will do that for you, and will
also automatically add important information about your system.)

For core dumps, the first step is usually to create a backtrace with a
debugger by running it (the debugger) on the core files.  Please
include the backtrace in your report to gnu.emacs.bug.

TIA