Using control keys in bash shell within emacs

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Using control keys in bash shell within emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:11:53 GMT

Hi,

I'm using cygwin bash, 2.05b, as my NTEmacs shell (GNU Emacs 21.2.1
(i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on buffy).  Is there any way to have
(e.g.) C-p, scroll through the history, instead of the default emacs
behaviour of moving to the previous line in a buffer.  I tried:

    set -o emacs

in my .bash_profile/.bashrc, but that didn't work.  Works fine when I kick
off cygwin bash outside of NTEmacs.  If this kind of thing doesn't work, can
someone explain the advantage of kicking off a bash shell inside of Emacs?

--

Thanks,
Jeff