Re: aucTeX and Cygwin

From: j.t.
Subject: Re: aucTeX and Cygwin
Date: 4 Oct 2002 11:22:37 -0700

Chris <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:<Xns929CA24A38BD1chrislak@216.168.3.40>...
> Is there a way to tell AucTeX to not use the Cygwin bash shell environment
> when it launches LaTeX, etc?
>
> After installing Cygwin, the compile command don't work because of path and
> quoting issues... and I can't launch PDF files with start file.pdf
> either...

Some has posted a trick:

(setq TeX-shell "C:/mypath_to_emacs_dir/bin/cmdproxy.exe")

which will tell TeX to use cmdproxy.exe even your "shell" is cygwin
bash. This even works in the cygwin-X11 version of Emacs 21.2.

I do have a questions for people who have tried cygwin-X11 version of
Emacs out there:

Has anyone succeeded in running LaTex-preview with it? I can't even go
pass ./configure because the script considers "cygwin" OS type not
supporting images. When I just set the preview elisp files in loadpath
and load the preview package, it will complain:
"error in process sentinel: LaTeX found no preview images"

Any clue?

Thanks,
j.t.