Emacs configuration

From: arthur.chereau
Subject: Emacs configuration
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:22:27 +0200

Hi,

I'm configuring emacs 21.2 and there are some things I can't find any doc
about, so I'm
asking you:

- How is it possible to configure the action done by the printer icon ? I'd
like it to
call a2ps-buffer.

- How is it possible to force emacs to confirm when killing the *scratch*
buffer ?

- Is it possible to change the menu ordering, for instance moving Buffers
before Files ?

- Is there any means of having only one emacs process running for all the emacs
windows
? I mean, not like emacsclient or gnuserv, but when one calls emacs from the
command
line, having emacs spawn a new window like C-x 5 2 but no new process (to speed
up the
start). Then, is it possible to have multiple emacs windows that share the same
process
but don't share buffers (that is, "independant" windows) ?

- Last, is it possible to put all the configuration files under a ~/.emacs/
directory,
containing the .emacs file and the contents of the ~/ .emacs.d/ directory ?

Thanks !