Re: w3m does not display a web page

From: Simon Hooper
Subject: Re: w3m does not display a web page
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:08:39 +0100

Ivan Kanis <ivank@juliva.com> writes:

> This is a really strange one. I am using the stable debian w3m
> package. When I open a web file locally it renders just fine.
> However when I get a remote page I get a blank screen!

I get exactly the same using Debian Woody Gnu Emacs 21.2.1, w3m
version w3m/0.3.1+cvs-1.411. I guess it's a Debian problem? I didn't
actually realise I could view local files without problem until I read
your post.

Err, scrub the above. I just tested on another Debian machine of mine
(also running up-to-date woody) and w3m works fine!

Sorry I can't be any help, but if you get to the bottom of it first
then please share :)

Simon

--
Simon Hooper