Re: Emacs 21.2 : Can you set it up so the cursor is focused in complet

From: Steve
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.2 : Can you set it up so the cursor is focused in completeion buffers when they happen?
Date: 7 Sep 2002 09:35:47 -0700

Marco Baringer <empb@bese.it> wrote in message
news:<mailman.1031392446.23072.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> it wasn't really clear (what does M-x occur have to do with
> completion?),

I'm talking about any situation where emacs ( not me ) splits the
screen _for me_to show me some information.

In those situations ( C-h gets a help list, M-x occur gets me a lits
of search results, etc etc ) the cursor is not in the half of the
screen where emacs brought up information.

I would like emacs to put the cursor there automatically in those
situations so I do not have to hit C-x o to put it there before I can
scroll the results.

> but if you're talking about the normal minibuffer's
> completion mechanism than you can you continue hitting tab and the
> completion buffer scrolls down,

It doesn't work with C-h ( help ) or with M-x occur.  I also need the
cursor to be there as with M-x occur or when I get a list of errors
from compilation.

Like I said it would be avoiding a nuisance if I didn't have to C-x o
to put the cursor in the new window, that emacs would do it
automatically.