Re: Annoying ^M in text files

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Annoying ^M in text files
Date: 6 Sep 2002 14:06:48 GMT

The ^M is part of a DOS style end-of-line.  Probably, the file was
originally created on a DOS system.

Typically, emacs detects a DOS end-of-line and doesn't show the ^M.
Perhaps there is something in your .emacs which is turning off this
feature.

If you want to actually remove the ^M (not just hide them), I
recommend eol-conversion.el.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646