Re: problems printing non-usascii characters

From: A . L . Meyers
Subject: Re: problems printing non-usascii characters
Date: 03 Sep 2002 17:39:34 +0200

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Gro~johann) writes:

> A. L. Meyers <nospam.look@replyto.because.this.is.invalid> writes:
>
> > Hi! Using ps-printing, e. g. F10 - f - 2 , to print a text file
> > containing Latin 1 and/or Latin 9 characters not part of us-ascii
> > returns a question whether or not to continue as some characters are
> > not found in the font.  If I continue, I get blanks instead of the
> > characters.  How can I debug and solve this pesky problem?
>
> I have asked the same question (subject line "ps-print can't print
> Latin-9 characters"), and Eli explained it's a two-step dance.  I'm
> sure those words help you to find it in Google.
>
> When you have done it, could you share the solution?  I haven't
> gotten around to it.  I don't have a BDF font, for instance.

Have searched for your subject text string in Google but it doesn't
return any exact reference.  Will be happy to try and report the
solution once I find it and get it working for me.  (If it works for me
it will certainly work for anyone else  :-)  )  But now I'm stuck.
Have also tried adding 'two-step dance' to the search string but this
did not help.

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15