Re: how to bind to Super-\ ???

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: how to bind to Super-\ ???
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 01:11:13 -0500 (CDT)

> That's because \ is a quoting character, so whenever you add it
> in a string, you have to quote it, hence, it should have been
> "\\", rather than "\".

"\\" gives an error message, unknown keysym

> No, S-\ is shift-\ whereas s-\ is super-\.

Thanks. (I personally think this convention is weird.)

> You can probably use (kbd "s-\").

That gives the "end of file" error message I described earlier (quoting
character problem). But you fixed it too:

> (kbd "s-\\") -- sorry.

This works, but emacs complains: "Unknown modifier"!

My method with ?\134 seems to be the best for the compiler,
hard to read but I can add a comment.  This seems to be a case
where using octal is the only way to get quiet compilation. (Maybe?)

Anyway, I'm satisfied.

Joe